AVI50419 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor)
RVAC Aviation Academy can help you achieve this dream with our Flight Instructor course. It involves advanced flight training for Commercial Pilot Licence holders seeking to gain qualification as a flight instructor to teach other students how to fly. The qualification allows flying as a Grade 3 Instructor under a Training and AOC Holder.
Your Flight Instructor Course is delivered with both theory and practical elements and is completed via a simulated work environment. The AVI50419 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor) course utilises a blended delivery of training including, one on one training in the aircraft, Classroom Theory, Individual Briefings, Supervised Study and Practice Exams.
Training and Assessment will take place in RVAC training rooms with a qualified Trainer monitoring your progress.
The course is a 22-week, full-time course (4 – 5 days per week).
Requirements for this course
To enrol in this course you will need to complete the following:
- To hold a Current Commercial Pilot Licence (Proficiency Check, Flight Review or recent training to have been conducted within the past 2 years)
- An Australian Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Class 1 Medical from a Designated Authorised Medical Examiner (DAME)
- Aviation English Language Proficiency (Minimum ICAO level 4) Year 12 or equivalent
- Pre-Enrolment Skill and Knowledge Assessment & Interview, includes a written knowledge test and Flight flown in a PA28 Warrior from the right hand seat within YMMB training area demonstrating general handling skills. Flight to be at applicants own cost.
The future is full of possibilities…
Once you have obtained your Flight Instructor rating you can seek employment as a Grade 3 Flight Instructor with a Training and AOC Holder.
That’s when the real journey begins!
We Offer VET Student Loans
Students who wish to apply for a VET Student Loan will be required to meet stringent Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements:
Australian Senior Secondary Certificate, i.e. Year 12
Completion of an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English)
ACFS Exit level 3 LLN test. (Australian Core Skills Framework ) and must provide evidence of the following:
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- or eligible New Zealand SCV Holders.